Foot is made up of 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles, and numerous tendons. Complex foot biomechanics keep all these parts in the right position and moving together. Given these intricacies, it is not surprising that most people will experience foot pain at some time in their lives.
Within each foot, the essential structure can be summed up as follows:
- Seven short tarsal bones make up the heel and back of the instep.
- Five metatarsal bones spread from the back of the foot toward front and make up the structure for the ball of the foot. Each metatarsal is associated with one of the toes.
- Fourteen phalanges, small bones, form the toe structure.
- Tarsal and metatarsal bones provide the structure for the arch of the foot.
- Bands of ligaments connect and hold all the bones in place.
- A thick layer of fatty tissue under the sole helps absorb the pressure and shock that comes from walking and everyday movements.
Foot Pain Causes:
The cause of your foot pain may be:
- Mechanical (tight fitting shoes)
- Biomechanical ( i.e. flatfeet)
- Musculoskeletal (bone, tendon, ligament)
- Metabolic (i.e. Gout)
- Autoimmune (i.e. Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis)
- Infectious (i.e. ulcers, ingrown toe nail, residual foreign body)
*** Please refer to our comprehensive foot and ankle symptom checker to learn more about your foot pain.
When should you seek medical treatment for your foot pain in Los Angeles?
- Seek immediate medical attention if you had an injury which led to numbness of your foot/toes
- If you had an injury which led to swelling, coolness and color changes in your foot/toes seek immediate medical attention
- Seek immediate medical attention if you believe you have an infection.
- If you have had trauma to the foot and the area looks deformed seek immediate medical attention
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have a loss of function of your foot/toes
- If the area of concern is exquisitely tender to touch then seek immediate medical attention
- If your foot pain interferes with you daily living or if you are unable to perform your desired activities without pain
At Valley Foot and Ankle Center, we offer advanced diagnosis and treatment for Foot Pain Tarzana, CA. Schedule an appointment today with the best podiatrist, DPM Dr. Jones Hormozi. For convenience, we serve at one other location Lancaster, CA. If you are looking for Foot Pain treatment in Lancaster, CA, or Foot Pain treatment in Palmdale, CA. Call us at 818-981-1900.
We encourage you to consult with foot and ankle specialist for a complete assessment and treatment of your condition
Dr. Jones Hormozi at Valley Foot & Ankle Center (VFAC) utilizes state-of-the-art technology, minimally invasive procedures, and advanced techniques to prevent and treat all conditions of the foot and ankle. This allows most patients to walk immediately after most procedures, and they are able to rapidly return to high levels of functioning with excellent outcomes. Call Valley Foot and Ankle Center at 818-981-1900 If you are looking for Foot Pain treatment in Woodland Hills, CA.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Dr. Jones Hormozi is a Board Certified Podiatrist in Los Angeles. Dr. Hormozi is known for treating sports injuries in patients of all ages. He has treated and operated on professional athletes, semi professional athletes, college athletes and high school athletes. Dr. Hormozi is also Clinical Assistant Professor of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Western University of Health Sciences.Request an Appointment